Alerts not alerting

• Thread starter Deleted member 206638
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 206638

Hi, I've noticed that lately I'm not getting alerts of some threads I follow. Does this happens to anyone else? Do I have to change something in my account settings? Thanks in advance

Hi, I've noticed that lately I'm not getting alerts of some threads I follow. Does this happens to anyone else? Do I have to change something in my account settings? Thanks in advance
I've heard of this off and on.
Unfortunately, it's software controlled, so there is no 'adjustment' we can make to change it. Sorry.

It's been happening to me for a long while now :(

I have the opposite problem. I have all my watched threads with "alert with NO email" and im still getting emailed.

+1 I am having the exact same problem. I am maybe getting 10% of the allerts...

yes, but how can I do that if I don't receive notifications lol
Simply saying those threads that you already watch but don't get notifications, unwatch them and rewatch them.
Just two clicks/taps at the top of the thread where it says "unwatch" and voila! You'll start getting alerts.

Simply saying those threads that you already watch but don't get notifications, unwatch them and rewatch them.
Just two clicks/taps at the top of the thread where it says "unwatch" and voila! You'll start getting alerts.
yes but what if I forgot what thread I watch, they could be a hundred for some people

yes but what if I forgot what thread I watch, they could be a hundred for some people
Screenshot.png
FYI at the very top is the watched tab which brings up all the threads you are watching. Anything in bold has a new post that you have not seen yet. Most of them are bumped to the top/front page but for the ones you missed, they are easy to pick out as the other thread titles are not in bold, meaning you are caught up for that particular thread.

View attachment 3771218
FYI at the very top is the watched tab which brings up all the threads you are watching. Anything in bold has a new post that you have not seen yet. Most of them are bumped to the top/front page but for the ones you missed, they are easy to pick out as the other thread titles are not in bold, meaning you are caught up for that particular thread.
thanks a lot!! I was looking for something like this but since there are many tabs I missed it.

I am having a related issue, but didn't feel it warranted a new thread to avoid spamming. But, since I updated my email address all of my watched threads now send email alerts despite being disabled in my UI? I had them all sent to website-only notifications prior to changing it. Now, the inbox gets hammered with notifications, but I have all the settings for email switched off I think?

I am having a related issue, but didn't feel it warranted a new thread to avoid spamming. But, since I updated my email address all of my watched threads now send email alerts despite being disabled in my UI? I had them all sent to website-only notifications prior to changing it. Now, the inbox gets hammered with notifications, but I have all the settings for email switched off I think?
As you said, you want notifications, but not via email.
Yet, I see this change made today:
Untitled.png

@admin Thoughts?

Hmm I will check, I've never had email notifications before until updating my address. This is what it looks like on my end

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 11