Forum Alerts and Email Notification Discussion

Can confirm gmail working again; I changed my address last week and was locked out due to the verifications never coming through. Back in business.

Hey,

I have been noticing that random watched threads seem to stop sending alert emails.

Like this past weekend - I received only 2 alerts (from the 23 pages of watched stuff that I have on this site), yet I can see a large majority of them have been updated within the last 2-3 days.

The only way I have found to re-instate these alerts is to open each affected thread, click 'unwatch' and then click 'watch' again (a VERY time consuming and frustrating solution), only to find, that in time, they start dropping off again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Since changing server and IP address, email from titsintops are being blocked by ISPs such as yahoo/hotmail/outlook. Gmail seems to be fine.
There is not much we can do, IP reputation resolves over time.
I also had this issue - couldn't even register because the emails didn't come through. My Gmail now works but other providers are blocked.
If a new member has contacted us about being unable to verify their account due to lack of e-mails coming through, who can we talk to about getting them verified via another method?

If a new member has contacted us about being unable to verify their account due to lack of e-mails coming through, who can we talk to about getting them verified via another method?
Thank you profvolup.

I tried joining last week,looks like bad timing on my part and not one confirmation email came thru till today,but thank you sir for helping out joining this wonderful place. Also to the mod who fixed my issue,thank you as well.

All the best.

I tried to get help by using the "Contact us" page a couple of times and asked if the verification could be done via DM but I never heard back from anyone.

Thank you profvolup.

I tried joining last week,looks like bad timing on my part and not one confirmation email came thru till today,but thank you sir for helping out joining this wonderful place. Also to the mod who fixed my issue,thank you as well.

All the best.
I tried to get help by using the "Contact us" page a couple of times and asked if the verification could be done via DM but I never heard back from anyone.
Thank you for the feedback. :)
We can't fix it if we don't know it's broke.

Out of interest, has anyone received any email alerts from the forum in the last 7 days to a non Gmail account? Trying to work out if we have been limited or totally blocked.

Out of interest, has anyone received any email alerts from the forum in the last 7 days to a non Gmail account? Trying to work out if we have been limited or totally blocked.
Nope (from hotmail). Totally blocked.

Yahoo, but intermittently

Yes absolutely : received them on protonmail. I don’t have email alerts active on too many threads though.

Nope. Not through either Yahoo, or Mail.com (most recent attempt was, 2/24).

quick update: I received all messages on protonmail in the past days and with no delay

I am unable to see any text in the drop down box when clicking on alerts. This has been happening for a week or so.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    320 KB · Views: 7
I am unable to see any text in the drop down box when clicking on alerts. This has been happening for a week or so.
Did you try different browsers?

Please clear your local cache in your browser.

What extension are you using? Script-blockers? Or similar?