Watched threads not giving me alerts everytime

wohenhao

Reaction score
Hi,
I noticed that the watch function is not working as expected. For example, there's a thread that I follow that I didn't receive any notifications since some weeks, and after checking it today, there was new content posted after that. My settings are marked as receive alert for everything.
I noticed that the threads I interact the most are the ones which I receive the most notifications.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks

Hi,
I noticed that the watch function is not working as expected. For example, there's a thread that I follow that I didn't receive any notifications since some weeks, and after checking it today, there was new content posted after that. My settings are marked as receive alert for everything.
I noticed that the threads I interact the most are the ones which I receive the most notifications.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks
I have had the same issue since 2019. Even the ones in which I have summited content. Very perplexing. :unsure:

I have had the same issue since 2019. Even the ones in which I have summited content. Very perplexing. :unsure:
Yeah, I've had the same. I have to try and remember thread names and manually check on some of them.

Yeah, I've had this happen too. Especially, on threads with heavy contributions (luckily, I don't Watch too many threads).

I'll run this up the flagpole to da Boss. But, most likely, it's a Software glitch. And, we cannot do anything at our level.

Yeah, I've had this happen too. Especially, on threads with heavy contributions (luckily, I don't Watch too many threads).

I'll run this up the flagpole to da Boss. But, most likely, it's a Software glitch. And, we cannot do anything at our level.
I guess that these forums use the same source code. I use another one that has the same problem, but a third one doesn't have. Maybe if the code was open source we could take a look...

I find if I get an alert, but don't go to the thread (such as when I know it's someone who posts poor content), then I don't get another alert until I've visited the thread again. That seems to reset it.

I find if I get an alert, but don't go to the thread (such as when I know it's someone who posts poor content), then I don't get another alert until I've visited the thread again. That seems to reset it.
I've had it go both ways.

I just visited the SGwDGB thread. And, since my last visit on Saturday, there's 9 (of 12) posts that I didn't get an Alert on.

Same for the Tech Help sub-forum.

maybe we get alerts from the most recent watched ones? like I'm getting every single alert from this thread...

Are you guys referring to the bell icon alert or email alerts?

Usually, both, as I do have Email Notifications ticked.

That happens to me when I login and close the website without checking the thread. If I check the watched, i'll see that thread in bold. I like that because I can follow without getting the notifications and it's easy to see after some time.

That happens to me when I login and close the website without checking the thread. If I check the watched, i'll see that thread in bold. I like that because I can follow without getting the notifications and it's easy to see after some time.
Yes, thats exactly what happens. It would be nice to have a preference option

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original problem.

Any time a thread has a comment/contribution, the thread appears in bold text.

It doesn't matter if one is Watching it, or not

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original problem.

Any time a thread has a comment/contribution, the thread appears in bold text.

It doesn't matter if one is Watching it, or not

Because if you dont open the thread when you recieve the alert, you stop getting alerts until you open the last page of the thread.

And at the time I didn't know if that was the reason he stopped getting alerts, but he posted that was the issue.

It's great that the name is in bold, at least we have some sort of alert. Would be cool if we could sort by this bold, simulating the alert feature...

Happens to me too, only when I visit said thread that I WASNT getting alerts for, only then will I GET alerts again AFTER visiting said thread.

Bell icon. Alerts me only sometimes. Don't see any particular pattern to when it does and doesn't

Could be a glitch in the software. And, in which case, we won't be able to do anything about it.

So, it'd probably be breast (er, I mean best :devilish: ), to not only Bookmark the threads, but to also make a NotePad with the direct links to the threads.

Because if you dont open the thread when you recieve the alert, you stop getting alerts until you open the last page of the thread.
Sorry for the delayed response. I saw the Alert Notification :), but got side-tracked, and forgot to reply.

Hmm, this hasn't happened to me. While I normally check my ANs daily, when I'm Offline, I still get Email Alerts, and the ANs.