Fiction vs. Real Life Stories

Ptar

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

A reminder that you may find threads on here that you find unbelievable or too fantastic to be true.
That's fine. That's what this section is for; not only true stories, but fiction as well.

If you don't like a thread there is no reason to post your thoughts and create chaos and drama.
Unless of course the OP posts: "Do you think my story is true? I welcome your thoughts and opinions."
Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Thanks,
Ptar :)

Literally. I also don't think people need to explicitly label fiction. It's always struck me as a weird reaction... do people think they're losing something if a story ends up being fake? And what do they have to gain by calling people out on it? The number of fantastic writers we've lost because of heckling and "fact checking" saddens me.

Gentlemen,

A reminder that you may find threads on here that you find unbelievable or too fantastic to be true.
That's fine. That's what this section is for; not only true stories, but fiction as well.

If you don't like a thread there is no reason to post your thoughts and create chaos and drama.
Unless of course the OP posts: "Do you think my story is true? I welcome your thoughts and opinions."
Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Thanks,
Ptar :)
:)
Lately I noticed this is a repeating issue in this forum section.

I will follow this forum rule, however, I find myself compelled to offer a differing opinion about it. I hope that I won't face a ban for doing so, and I present some reasons below:
  • There's a difference between a real life experience and a made-up story. Many members (myself included) care about that difference. There's nothing wrong with erotica fantasy stories, as long as posters are upfront about it, but the ambiguity can only and inevitably create further questions, you're fighting against an innate human instinct.
  • If the story is a fantasy, it means that both sides of the conversation are from the same person (usually the guy), and I wouldn't be surprised that someone reads enough of these stories that they start to get an unrealistic view of how to approach women they fancy on social media or in real life.
  • I guess this issue will never go away despite the number of billboards, the moderators will need to constantly monitor this section for new and old users, at the end of the day, being curious about the veracity of a story is an inextinguishable human drive.
My 2 cents: Why not just split it into 2 sections: real life experiences, and erotica.

Last edited:
I'm sorry @JeffJ but if Thread A is posted and then soon after Thread B, let's presume, unknown to us, is that both Thread A and Thread B are True Stories.

But I have a hard time believing Thread B. Thread A? No problem, it could happen.
But nope, I have serious doubts about thread B.
So I demand that the OP of Thread B reveal that it's a fantasy.
He vehemently denies it's false and says it's 100% true.
Now what? I argue with him. Pound the desk and stamp my feet, "There's no way! I'm reporting you for misleading the membership! This is a travesty!"

Or:

Should I read Thread A and Thread B.
In my opinion, Thread B is a fantasy and not my thing, so I never visit the thread again.
As a result, the OP of Thread B can interact with those members that like his thread, they're all happy.
I never have to see it again, I'm happy.

I can't help but think of Ricky Gervais' routine on Guitar Lessons.

View attachment y2mate.com - Ricky Gervais Humanity Guitar Lessons_360p.mp4