Not receiving alerts for some watched threads

Well, I did receive a new alert today for that first thread I mentioned but not during the previous days.

Last edited:
I have to ask a basic dumb question. The tick box in preferences for notifications on watched threads is on?

I think this is happening to me as well. Perhaps the system only checks for new past a day or two etc.

I have to ask a basic dumb question. The tick box in preferences for notifications on watched threads is on?

I think this is happening to me as well. Perhaps the system only checks for new past a day or two etc.
I also wonder too since a lot of threads are being merged and moved around I wonder if that changes preferences as well.

Well, I don't know about this one, as I haven't had the problem (at least that I have noticed).

But, as a FF user on Windows 10, the system does like to kick me out sometimes when I open a topic in a new tab. And, sometimes, when I go to do Mod/Admin stuff. A bit :confused: for sure. But, at least it's a minor issue.

I also wonder too since a lot of threads are being merged and moved around I wonder if that changes preferences as well.
I hope not. But, like any new software package, there's bound to be some glitches.

I'm not sure how to really watch out for this. Unless we try a sample "watch topic", merge it and see what happens.

Though, I do know, that if we take an action on any post, or topic, where we (mod/admin) are the o/p, and notify the authors, I don't get a notification that I sent to myself.