Forum was hacked + Attachment Issues

I was unable to login earlier this AM. :eek: But, at least there was a message saying, "Site is being upgraded, please check back later." So, not quite as scary as a plain white screen.

And, as a FYI, on Wednesday morning at 11:30 (UTC -7; when I discovered the problem), I was checking back at least 2x an hour. But, since I'm not the site owner, I wasn't able to do anything.

how was the forum hacked?

and what kind of information was accessed?

should we change passwords?
No idea at this time. If, and when I find out, it will be posted.

...should we change passwords?
I think this would only be an issue if one uses the same password for different sites. But, if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Did they access any info?

Was crazy. Thankfully we have 'isitdown' to check. Hacked. Hmm wild. Any idea who did it?
See my above comment.

Hmm, I didn't know about that. Will have to check it out.

Last edited:
Attachment issue has been resolved. :cool:

Note that the preview has already been posted. Just using it as proof.

Attachments

• 01-tumblr_p3y52cHRRR1v3fu1wo2_1280.jpg
    01-tumblr_p3y52cHRRR1v3fu1wo2_1280.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 39
I'm just glad it was just a hack and not a permanent close down. Good to see things up and running again.

There are still problems displaying attachments !!!!

Attachments

• screencapture-titsintops-phpBB2-index-php-2019-05-03-20_42_11.jpg
    screencapture-titsintops-phpBB2-index-php-2019-05-03-20_42_11.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, all passwords are encrypted so no need to change. Malicious code was injected using 100% of outbound server resources.

I am rebuilding the thumbnail cache right now, so hopefully the problem above will be corrected.

My apologies for the downtime, hopefully no boobs were harmed or lost in this attack.

Cheers
Admin

Wheew !! Happy everything is back to normal. Cheers !

As admin stated, https://www.titsintops.com/phpBB2/i...s-hacked-attachment-issues.112137/post-787910 , passwords are encrypted, so that should not be a problem. And, since this forum does not deal with credit cards, that is one less worry for everyone in todays' tech world.

And, to the best of his knowledge, nothing was compromised. :cool: However, could e-mail addressed been copied? :unsure:

Also, at 09:00, EST (UTC -5), the forum will be undergoing some upgrades. So, you may not be able to log in. Please, just keep trying. And, let's not freak out. ;) At least until 18 hours has passed by. :)

There are still problems displaying attachments !!!!
Strange. It was working this morning. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made that post. :unsure:

But, it should be fixed pretty soon.

Wheew !! Happy everything is back to normal. Cheers !
Not quite. But, we're (admin, site owner, that is) getting there.

Not, yet. ;) Jk.

In all seriousness, and as a FYI, anyone who is banned, and tries to access the Forum, will see a Message stating as to why you can't get in. So, seeing just a white screen is a sure sign of trouble.
I had a buddy banned and he cant get an answer y??

I had a buddy banned and he cant get an answer y??
If your buddy was banned then he broke the rules in some way.
Typically when a member breaks a rule, they receive a private message. While some offenses could result in an immediate ban, we're pretty good with giving members second chances as, in most cases, they weren't aware they were breaking a rule.
It takes quite a bit to get banned though.