Any GMX Email Users Here? (RESOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BQretired

Retired Site Admin
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Resolved. Thread locked.

I have been using Email provider GMX.com for about 18 months now. And, other than a recent App update that requires an extra tap, or 2, all has been good.

However, starting late Monday afternoon (UTC -4), when I tap on the Envelope, nothing happens.

Thinking the servers were down, I checked. But, they were up and running. So, I rebooted my Phone, and it worked.

However, since then, I am having to reboot my phone every time I want access my Email there.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any clue as to what is causing it?

EDIT, 7 SEP 2021:
Despite GMX telling me, It's a problem with my Browser, I am pretty sure that I found a fix/workaround for this.

1) In the Chrome App, and with the GMX website open, tap the Envelope.

2) IF the Login SSL screen doesn't appear, on the URL line, open a recent Search/Other website

3) Tap the Back icon, and GMX's Login SSL screen should be there.

I tried this late yesterday morning. And into the early evening. It worked 4 consecutive times. :)

Last edited:
I’m a GMX user, iOS but mostly use the smtp / imap variant. Which OS and app version are you using and can you post a screenshot of the particular button /icon you mean? I’ll try to reproduce it then.

I’m a GMX user, iOS but mostly use the smtp / imap variant. Which OS and app version are you using and can you post a screenshot of the particular button /icon you mean? I’ll try to reproduce it then.
:cool: Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, my Stylos 3 does not do screenshots the way the directions say to take one :( (though, I have accidentally taken a few screeeshots of my homepage with no problem :rolleyes: :LOL: ).

But, I'm using Android 7.0, with Build # NRD90U . If you need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks.

:cool: Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately, my Stylos 3 does not do screenshots the way the directions say to take one :( (though, I have accidentally taken a few screeeshots of my homepage with no problem :rolleyes: :LOL: ).

But, I'm using Android 7.0, with Build # NRD90U . If you need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks.
Cheers! Let me see if I can find an old Android tablet. The versions on IOS are different and I can easily create a new email (assuming that’s the part that’s not working) looking at the German google store there are A LOT of not so happy Users with 1 stars from August 2021.

Okay so I can’t reproduce on iOS.
Will see if I can reactivate my old fireTV tablet (have to search :) )

in the meantime: I assume you are on the latest version for your device? Android 7 has been out of support for a while and I can’t see a version info in the google store

have you considered using the built in mail client with smtp and imap? https://support.gmx.com/pop-imap/imap/index.html

I know it's good timing, but thanks for your quick response.

..have you considered using the built in mail client with smtp and imap? https://support.gmx.com/pop-imap/imap/index.html
I always use the recent App (am surprised that my provider has not provided the recent Android update :unsure: ). And, I do not recall seeing any Update on GMX.

Butl, I will check that out.

Thanks.

I know it's good timing, but thanks for your quick response.

I always use the recent App (am surprised that my provider has not provided the recent Android update :unsure: ). And, I do not recall seeing any Update on GMX.

Butl, I will check that out.
My old FireTV Tablet is not coming up any more. I am afraid I cannot reproduce it without an Android device. Like I mentioned earlier, there is plenty of negative feedback on the current version of the app, so the use of the regular email client of your device might be the best bet. Let me know if I can assist with anything please.

GMX user here - and bottom line for me is that I can't log into my email account using my android phone.
There were no difficulties logging into email using my phone, until last week (just like the OP).

To access my email account I have to do so using my laptop.

GMX user here - and bottom line for me is that I can't log into my email account using my android phone.
There were no difficulties logging into email using my phone, until last week (just like the OP).

:eek: Well, thank God, I do not have to resort to that (at least not yet) :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Sheesh! Wtf can these App developers leave well enough alone? :emoji_angry:

But, noooo. They have got to fuck around with it to "improve" it. :emoji_middle_finger: Smdh.

One thing that I forgot to mention, I found that after tapping the Envelope icon, I exit the screen (leaving the App open) for a few minutes. Then, when I go back in, the access screen appears (works sometimes).

However, it is not 100%, as I have had to reboot my phone 2 or 3 times.

GMX user here...
See the edit to my first post, as I believe I found a workaround for the problem. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

EDIT:
@willie duggan
I meant to update the post yesterday, but I forgot.

But, starting the afternoon of 8 SEP, login from my phone, using Chrome is back to normal. :)

Now, I do not know if GMX fixed a glitch, or not, as they never said what was wrong. Though, when I told them, Things are back to normal (no, I did not have any updates done), they replied, Thank you for using our online Help center (or something to the effect). :rolleyes:

Probably, not wanting to admit that their last update screwed the pouch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.