Supported File format for Attachments?

Getting told my jpg is too large, even though it's only 3.8 mb?

Same after reducing it to 1.8 mb?
I had this issue, I think it might be pixel size?
@BreastQuest Do you remember the numbers buddy?

Apologies. I am having trouble with my "e" key.
(new keyboard ordered from Amazon)

@admin
(recall this issu)?

Hmm, the s/w is suppose to automatically scal it down.

Now, probably the best thing to do, until we can determin the issu, is make a zip file of the imags. And, if neded, post a reduced previw image.

I had this issue, I think it might be pixel size?
@BreastQuest Do you remember the numbers buddy?
Indeed, it has something to do with the siz of th image. While videos up to 32 MB are allowed, the same is not tru for images.

Will have to bring this to da boss's attention.

Once had a similar issue and I resolved it in an unorthodox way.
Open the image, then save as PNG or JPEG (you may need to overwrite the exisiting file if saving as same format).
Then re-upload the new file.
And viola! Don't ask me why it worked, if it does for you, as such abracadabra is above my pay grade :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this error uploading MP4s from mobile. Android, firefox. Filesize is 7.4mb. Tried coverting to and from HVEC, no difference. Any ideas what's causing this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-013045_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-013045_Firefox.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3
I get this error uploading MP4s from mobile. Android, firefox. Filesize is 7.4mb. Tried coverting to and from HVEC, no difference. Any ideas what's causing this?
This is an MP4. (attached)
I'm thinking the issue is on your end.
Maybe it's the type of MP4? I did find this:

Are there different types of MP4?

There are two different mp4 formats.
The first, mp41, was released in 2001 as the ISO/IEC 14496:-1:2001 standard. The second MPEG 4 video format version, mp42, also known as MPEG-4 Part 14, was released in 2003 as the ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003 standard.

Attachments

• 1312625-3db8775aabcf5477f96d93ae364db1e5.mp4
    1 MB
When it comes to video files, I've tried mp4, mpg and wmv. Nothing worked. The mp4 was blank, the wmv wouldn't even upload. I've seen countless vids here, so what's the secret please?

When it comes to video files, I've tried mp4, mpg and wmv. Nothing worked. The mp4 was blank, the wmv wouldn't even upload. I've seen countless vids here, so what's the secret please?
MP4's work all the time for me.
I've seen nothing but problems with .MOV files though.

It may be the type of MP4 you're trying to upload.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Can you upload the file to Sendvid and send me the link?
I'll have a look.

MP4's work all the time for me.
I've seen nothing but problems with .MOV files though.

It may be the type of MP4 you're trying to upload.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Can you upload the file to Sendvid and send me the link?
I'll have a look.
Many thanks for the reply, I didn't know that about MP4 files. I tried uploading my file to sendvid but nothing happened, despite it only being just under 5 mb.

Many thanks for the reply, I didn't know that about MP4 files. I tried uploading my file to sendvid but nothing happened, despite it only being just under 5 mb.
Hmmm... can you upload it to any cloud service?
Or try converting it to a different format....

This happens if you download from some sites like Instagram etc, who don't want you taking their stuffs:).
You will need to covert the file into MP4 (it doesn't matter that the file says "MP4" already).

You can use VLC (free) to convert or use any other suitable app.
Works for me all the time.
Find attached your video.

Attachments

• Britney.mp4
    10.1 MB
Last edited by a moderator:
This happens if you download from some sites like Instagram etc, who don't want you taking their stuffs:).
You will need to covert the file into MP4 (it doesn't matter that the file says "MP4" already).

You can VLC (free) to convert or use any other suitable app.
Works for me all the time.
Find attached your video.
Many thanks to you and Ptar for all your help. Now I know what I need to do to upload vids here.

Many thanks to you and Ptar for all your help. Now I know what I need to do to upload vids here.
While your Participation is great, please do not forget to show your Appreciation by clicking the Like button in the bottom right corner of Posts that helped you, as it is considered poor Forum etiquette not to.

Just putting my two cents here.

MP4 is just an encapsulation format that everything uses in the modern world. The biggest issue is the underlying codec format (DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.265). I don't know the specific formats that the attachment software allows but H.264 (video) with ACC (audio) is the most widely accepted codec formats due to their low storage and high bitrate transfer.

So what I'm saying is you can have and MP4 file but it can be under the DivX and Xvid codecs and not work or come up blank when uploaded. Easiest way to check is VLC and getting info whilst the video is in the player.

Also with file extensions being interchangable you can easily rename an extension (or someone else did it along the way) but it doesn't actually change the file format. It will recognise it as correct (usually .mp4/.jpg) which is somewhat true as most file formats are loosely based of these two extensions but it comes up as error when the software doesn't have a parser.

Just putting my two cents here.

MP4 is just an encapsulation format that everything uses in the modern world. The biggest issue is the underlying codec format (DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.265). I don't know the specific formats that the attachment software allows but H.264 (video) with ACC (audio) is the most widely accepted codec formats due to their low storage and high bitrate transfer.

So what I'm saying is you can have and MP4 file but it can be under the DivX and Xvid codecs and not work or come up blank when uploaded. Easiest way to check is VLC and getting info whilst the video is in the player.

Also with file extensions being interchangable you can easily rename an extension (or someone else did it along the way) but it doesn't actually change the file format. It will recognise it as correct (usually .mp4/.jpg) which is somewhat true as most file formats are loosely based of these two extensions but it comes up as error when the software doesn't have a parser.
Now I need a drink after reading this:ROFLMAO: