Ptar's Staff Journal and Insights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptar

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I wanted to create a journal to share my thoughts on moderating and administering the forum.

A bit of background: I've been a member since September 2006; just over 17 years.
(No, I'm not using a magnifying glass to see the keyboard! lol) :D
I was a card carrying member with paid subscriptions to Maxi and Champagne on TopHeavy in the late nineties.
BustyAmateurs.com and bustyamateurs2.com were hot websites that were on the rise.
Forums and Bulletin Boards were all the rage.
Years later, I stumbled on a brand new forum, among many, called TitsinTops.
It had a handful of members, we were sharing busty women, and we were all there for fun.

In that time, there have been a lot of changes.
Which is to be expected as society, socially accepted behaviour, and technology changes, so to does our little forum.
On a good note, more an more women are open to becoming internet famous, everyone has a cell-phone and is able to record for enjoyment's sake, every busty woman they lay their eyes on.

Unfortunately, as I stated here:
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...year-2023-a-summary-and-observation.13551371/

We still have a very small percentage of members that seem to seek out drama. I just don't understand it.
To paraphrase @Friendly Volcano "this site is all about breasts, it should be the happiest place on earth"

Something I'm experiencing with a few members is a stubborn, dug in heels stance of: I am not wrong and I will be heard! It is my right!

To be fair, we see this outside of the forum as well. I'm sure we can all think of examples on Facebook, the government, or some coffee shop downtown. Two people with different views and despite going back and forth over and over, never giving ground, and adamant that they are right. Their perspective/opinion is the only one that is right and any other view or opinion is skewed and wrong.

Certainly, I understand that there is no chance of everyone agreeing on everything. Imagine a world where that was the case?!
But please keep in mind, when you're discussing an issue with Staff, our focus or filter when dealing with issues is the peace and harmony of the forum.

For example, there was recent drama with in this thread: https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...with-disproportionally-gigantic-boobs.115829/
The majority (95%+) of the issues from this thread involve: she's not skinny.

A quick definition of qualitative thread over quantitative thread:
A Qualitative Thread is like the above 'Skinny Girls with Disproportionally Gigantic Boobs'
This is a descriptive term based on opinion or perspective.

A Quantitative Thread would be titled 'Girls Who Weigh 110-125lbs. with Minimum J-Cup Boobs'
There is no doubt the content to be posted in this thread. It's a fact-based thread; the women must be between a certain weight and a certain minimum cup size.

Yet, people will submit reports and get angry when that report is rejected, or will complain in the thread about posting 'not skinny' women.
These complaints turn into arguments and insults and name-calling.
The members doing these things receive warnings for "No flaming, trolling, abuse or politics." as per the Rules.
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...please-read-important-important-important.41/

Which turn into 'arguments and insults and name-calling' with the Staff in PM's.
Which eventually, could lead to a member being banned.

All over pixels. Computer pixels on their monitor or cell phone.
And opinion, they've been banned from probably the #1 Online Boob Forum on the net today, certainly the longest lasting and most diverse a library of content, because they didn't agree with an opinion.

Why? Because of this: I am not wrong and I will be heard! It is my right!
Why risk so much over being right, in your opinion?

Gentlemen, my best advice, which has helped me have a long and happy membership here in the forum is this idea, as quoted by C. Joybell C.
"Choose your battles wisely. After all, life isn't measured by how many times you stood up to fight. It's not winning battles that makes you happy, but it's how many times you turned away and chose to look into a better direction."
I say again, the goal of the Staff is to maintain the peace and harmony of the forum.

If you disrupt that peace and harmony, it could lead you down the wrong path.

Ptar :)

p.s. and boobs. The attached is Hitomi Kitamura from this thread back in 2006 :cool:
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?threads/hitomi-kitamura-asian.108919/

Attachments

• 64570_HitomiKitamura_C03_123_509lo.jpg
    64570_HitomiKitamura_C03_123_509lo.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 57
Full Sized Images.

Gentlemen,

Something that we've asked is that you don't insert images into your posts.
Please leave them as attachments.

To let you know, a single post is allowed to attach up to 10 photos/videos.
And on each page, 20 posts are displayed.
Quick math, each page has the potential to have 200 photos/videos displayed. :oops:

If everyone inserts images, it slows down forum incredibly.
"But I have fast internet, it won't affect me"
We're all each of us only as fast as our slowest link.
If you bog the forum software down, it's slow for everyone. :)

Thanks, Ptar

Where did my Post/Thread Go?

I'm sure you've logged in and found a post deleted or even a thread.
There are usually a few reasons why that could have happened.

DNP: It's possible your photos or videos were of a model/woman on the DNP list.

Bumping: If your post was a simple word like: bump, more, nice, or something similar, it was deleted because simple bumps like this clog up a thread. Can you imagine 37 posts of 'nice!' It's possible to 'watch' a thread. It would be frustrating to get 37 email notifications of new posts only to find simple one word replies.

Thread Cleaning: We have the forum separated into sub-forums. As you can see we have many content sub-forums and one large Discussion sub-forum. Sometimes discussion about a hot model can go on and on. Before you know it, the conversation has filled a page and a half and has went from her business practices to how busy she is to a comparison to another model and how she runs her premium's to speculation on how much money they make to how the size of a women's breast can affect.........
Again, members that are there for the content have to sift through long threads of simple discussion.
We periodically will 'clean' a thread of long conversations. If you want to have those discussions, create a thread in the Discussion sub-forum.

Off-Topic: This is self explanatory. If you post a photo of 'Wendy' in a thread for 'Sandy', it's off-topic and will be deleted.

Thread: If your thread was deleted, it may have been either DNP or Off-Topic as well. Another reason is that your new content thread lacked a preview image. If you create a thread Busty Asian MILF's and don't include content in the first post, there is a good chance the thread will be deleted.

Insulting/Trolling: This one is important.
When members visit the forum, they're all excited about seeing beautiful breasts!
Nobody wants to be trolled, insulted, or harassed.
If we find your comments fit the definition of any of these, you'll probably get a full warning and the post deleted.
On the rare occasion, you don't get a warning, but your comment is still deleted, then take the win and keep rolling. :)

In all these situations, you'll probably receive a notification saying, 'Off-topic. Ptar' or something similar. But not always. Your thread may have been caught up in a mass thread cleaning.
At the end of the day, Staff is working hard to maintain the peace and harmony of the forum.

Have a great weekend,

Doxxing and Amateurs Turning Pro

Staff just dealt with a problem brought to us by an amateur online model/woman.

She isn't an adult entertainer on the level of Jalande or Nina, she's an everyday curvy woman who's videos caught the attention of a lot of men.
She has a small following, but as you can imagine, the pm's flowed in, including offers to pay for sexy photos/videos.
For whatever reason, easy money?, she created a secret social account to sell sexy content.
It was going okay, selling teasing content for money until some guys demanded more and more and when she rejected their offers, they got angry, and belligerent and demanding and threatening.
They doxxed her. They shared her personal accounts. They shared her family accounts. They shared her mobile number.
They threatened to 'out' her to the public; basically blackmail.

She contacted us asking to be put on the DNP list.
She's in the process of working with the authorities to press charges.

Jane the beautiful Walmart cashier posts her family's vacations, everyday events, funny meme's, and her outfit of the day on Insta for fun and gets a huge following. Men in particular. She gets a pm '$5 for a deep cleavage photo?'
She ignores it for a week, then one boring afternoon feeling bold, she sends it and the guy cashapp's the money.
He spreads the word, maybe posts in an adult forum, now she's getting more requests. It's all good fun, she sends the photos and gets the money.
But it's getting out of hand, the requests are becoming more and more demanding and intrusive....

If a woman is going to create an adult entertainment business, like any other business, she needs to do her homework and take the appropriate precautions.

On the other hand, what kind of people would do crap like this?! (Doxxing, messaging a woman's family, blackmail, threatening her safety?!)

Going back to the business model. A woman creates her adult business, including her own personal policy: I'll do nonude teasing content only and will go as far as pasties. This describes Jalande's business model.

She's clear in her 'about' sections, yet still gets angry followers demanding more and more and more! Becoming abusive and as above, belligerent and harassing the model.
Would these same entitled people go into a car dealership and get angry when they can't order pizza and wings?!

Gentlemen, this above:
(They doxxed her. They shared her personal accounts. They shared her family accounts. They shared her mobile number.
They threatened to 'out' her to the public; basically blackmail.)

...this is criminal activity. Period.

Two members were banned this morning. Will they be back? They'll probably sneak back in.
But I'm letting you know, we do not support this type of activity.
We are very limited in our options, all we can do is Ban the member(s), but we will, every time, no second chances.

To be fair, with just over 984,00+ members, we do have a good group here.
Members that are dedicated to breast appreciation and worship.
And we thank those people for visiting every day. :)

Untitled.png

You're Unique - Just Like the Other Million+ Registered Users

As of today, April 14, 2024 we have over 1-Million registered Users.
Members.png

Sometimes we’ll issue a Warning and the member replies in a civil manner.
“Damn, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I won’t do it again.” Or something similar. This is awesome. Considering we primarily deal with issues and problems, it’s nice to get a well worded, civil message.

Not all messages are like this though…

Unfortunately, we do get messages/replies from members that are angry, frustrated, triggered, that stomp there way into a DM torch and pitchfork in hand. <sigh>
Sometimes we can work it out, clarifying that the Rules are quite simple, there’s only Five.
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...please-read-important-important-important.41/
Plus a series of Guidelines that keep the forum running smoothly.

But sometimes there is no appeasing the member. He has a Bone to Pick and a Hill to Die On. (Yes, I love Quotes.) They argue and nash and quarrel and disagree and eventually we’re going in circles, and it becomes a yes it is, no it isn’t, yes it is, no it isn’t, yes it is, no it isn’t, conversation.
And finally, that dreaded declaration:
“I’m a prominent poster, you won’t see any of my photos ever again!”
“That’s it, I’m never posting again! I’m not sharing any of my great content again!”

Listen, we appreciate each and every member of this great forum.
From the casual member that likes and offers praise to the members posting;
to the member that posts content a couple times a month;
to the member that is quick to submit reports helping keep the forum running smoothly;
to the members sharing their wives or girlfriends;
to those members that are prolific posters with massive posting numbers;
and, of course, to those Staff members, past and present that give of their time freely to look after the daily ‘housekeeping’.

Every single member from those early months in 2006, 18-years ago to today, have contributed to make our forum one of, if not the top, Breast Forum online today.

So, with no insult to anyone, if you stomp your feet and say, “You’ll never see any of my great content every again!”, while we’ll miss you, that is your choice. There were great posters before you and right now, there are great posters in the making.
All of us, from the brand-new member to the long-lasting members like myself: we’re all replaceable.

Next time you get a warning message from staff, maybe send a quick reply, “My bad, I didn’t realize it was an issue,” or something similar. It’s amazing how well things go when everyone is civil. :)

Have a great weekend!

Bumping

I just had a nice conversation with some other Staff members about Bumping.

What's constitutes a Bump?

Nothing frustrates a fan of a model's thread more than to get notification after notification of simple one word posts:
up, moar, nudes?, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice, nice.

However, it is nice to receive feedback from fellow boob-worshippers when you post content. :)
I mean, you visit a thread because you're a fan of the model's work and you're interested in seeing her latest/newest content. Sometimes we'll comment on how she's taking her OF in a new direction, or she seems to be slowing down on new content. Or questions about when was this posted, is it new content? And so on and so on. That type of conversation is fine. Again, we're asking because we're interested in the model, right?

That being said, seeing a comment by Gary: any updates, and then Howard: any updates, and then Cliff: any updates, and then Ben: any updates, and then Isaac: any updates, gets annoying real fast.

We're asking for some common sense when posting in the thread. If you pop in and see someone has already asked about updates, you don't need to ask too. :)
And on that note: if someone does ask for updates, please don't get angry, it's possible that the model's social media account is banned in the member's country. :)

But let's take the next step: my comment, 'She seems to be posting more' gets a reply and then another and another and pretty soon we're having a long and drawn out conversation about the model isn't cool either. :)
We have Discussion Threads for longer chats. And if you search and there isn't a Discussion thread, then start a new one here:
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?forums/general-discussion.15/

One last point; you may have gotten a notification about 'Thread Cleaning'.
This happens periodically when the threads do fill up with pages of conversation.
Again, conversation is welcome, but let's keep it to a minimum in the content threads. :)

Happy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.