Proposal - Filter function - View attachment posts only

M

montrealmammaries

I apologise if this function already exists (and I simply didn't find it) or if a proposal for such a function has
already been made in the past, but here it is:
Many of us know the situation: You look at a thread and go through 30+ pages
looking for pictures/videos ("attachments"), clicking the "next page" button not knowing if that next page
is going to contain "attachments" at all. You're not interested in reading the comments or participating
by commenting yourself; there are days when you're just horny and want to get to the boobies quick.​

So how about a button or a filter function that let's you view only the posts of a thread that have attachments
and filter out everything that is "text only"?

One could prevent abuse and newbies only joining to leech by restricting that function to members that have posted X amount of attachments themselves + have gained a reaction score of X. As a side effect this would maintain quality and motivate people to post actual content, because they'd get rewarded with that magic function eventually.

Would it be possible to implement such a function at all or is it not a good idea in the first place? thx

Last edited:
No need to apologize, k. The Forum does not have that feature.

Unfortunately, though, that would require a software rewrite. So, I suggest you, and any others who are interested in this feature, send an e-mail to Xenforo ( https://xenforo.com/contact/ ).

And, maybe, if they gets enough people asking for it, it will happen.

And, while y'all are at it, ask for the return of the original uniform-sized Thumbnails.

E-Mail has been sent. Here's what I wrote:

"Hey,
I was wondering
a) If you could restore the original uniform-sized Thumbnails in attachments
b) If you could implement a filter function or a button that let's you view only the posts of a thread that have attachments, so you don't see any posts in a thread that only have text.
c) If the function in b) can be inherited/rewarded as a feature to forum members that thave posted X amount of attachments themselves + received X amount of likes ("reaction score") to prevent mass leeching by people joining the forum only to exploit that feature and to maintain quality. thanks "