Instagram problems

maxman999

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems keeping/creating Instagram accounts?
I had one that was locked unless I verified with a facepic and phone number - ummm ok I'll pass on that one
TBF I had been accessing that via a VPN and using some bulk downloaders so probably flagged up so I was a bit 'thats the way things go....'

And the same happened when I set up a second account - that was a couple of months ago.

I've tried to set up another one just now from a 'clean' new email account and not doing it through a VPN (on a bog standard commercial internet provider). Got the email with the verification code which it didn't accept and not that account is locked out.

I've only ever used it to look at things - never posted any pics or comments so there's nothing in terms of conduct that would be flagged up.
Any thoughts - other than Instagram just hates me :-(

Got the email with the verification code which it didn't accept and not that account is locked out.
You're not alone. Instagram is infamous for doing these random lockouts. I did at one time have to delete my IG and start entirely anew (two years ago). I've since learned that part of its algorithm is to imprison your account for a couple of days if it suspects too much activity (whatever that means; it seems to trigger this mode in a very fickle and mercurial way). If you just don't use the site at all for three days and then come back to try again, sometimes it's more forgiving and allows the unlocking process to happen more easily.

Anyone else have problems keeping/creating Instagram accounts?
I had one that was locked unless I verified with a facepic and phone number - ummm ok I'll pass on that one
You could get someone else to do this for you. It doesn't have to be you, they just want to make sure it's a real person. You might even want to try a pet you have with the sign.

TBF I had been accessing that via a VPN and using some bulk downloaders so probably flagged up so I was a bit 'thats the way things go....'
That would be the easiest way for them to flag you. VPN IP addresses are easy to pick out but harder to find the actual IP you are using, so they lock you out since the VPN could be set half way around the world. Bulk downloaders also end up in lock up unless you control it. i.e. I update only 300 accounts in one session a few times a day, so it's staggered enough for IG to ignore. I also only rip max 5 new accounts a day. Again, to stay under the radar. It will challenge you every now and then by wanting to send a verification code to phone/email but easy enough to resolve. The key is ensuring your login activity is resolved and flagging that it was you who logged in, in the security section of your IG account asap.

I've only ever used it to look at things - never posted any pics or comments so there's nothing in terms of conduct that would be flagged up.
Any thoughts - other than Instagram just hates me :-(
It would flag this as suspicious behaviour since that's what Bulk Downloaders are: ROM'd versions of phone with a skeleton IG account making pull requests. I would suggest making a scenery/food account and post every so often.

What's a good tool for downloading videos? I used to use videodownloadhelper, but it doesn't seem to work on posts anymore.

What's a good tool for downloading videos? I used to use videodownloadhelper, but it doesn't seem to work on posts anymore.
I use 4KStogram but you have to pay (once off) for multiple subscriptions (accounts to download). I only need to follow the private accounts and it automatically downloads for me every person I add on to it whether private/public account.

They asked for a picture of my face with the writing on it too. I had deleted my personal account and created one just for following. I think that's what they dislike the most, more even than VPNs, just the fact that you're clearly only using it to follow girls and not putting some kind of social graph for them.
I decided to give them the picture, in the end I don't care, it isn't some kind of secret they could have linked me with my old account pretty easily.