Can't seek through MP4 attachment videos

K

KingTay0

Not sure if this is intentional or not but I can't seek (go back and forth) through any videos that are uploaded as attachments. I can seek mp4 files when they are uploaded in full size but not as attachments. This is really tedious and I don't have this problem with any other site. Is this an issue that can be fixed by the site mods? Thanks.

Just to clarify, you're saying you can't jump through an attached video?
For example, if you watch the video that is embedded in this message, you can jump from the 2 second mark to the 5 second mark, and to the 10 second and so on.
But the attached video, when it opens in a new tab, just plays through. You can't jump through it to different points like above?

A quick question: are you on your cell phone or desktop?
Ptar :)
View attachment Alvid1 - Copy.mp4

Attachments

• Alvid1.mp4
    4.2 MB
Just to clarify, you're saying you can't jump through an attached video?
For example, if you watch the video that is embedded in this message, you can jump from the 2 second mark to the 5 second mark, and to the 10 second and so on.
But the attached video, when it opens in a new tab, just plays through. You can't jump through it to different points like above?

A quick question: are you on your cell phone or desktop?
Ptar :)
View attachment 1112439
Yes, you're correct. Also I'm on desktop (Microsoft Edge)

Hmmm...I'm in Firefox and don't have an issue.
To be honest, I've never used Edge. I'm a chrome and FF user.

Of course, you're able to download them as well. They're not big file sizes.

Who is the girl in the vid?

Nevermind I fixed it. Apparently you just have to set "pop ups and redirects" to "Allow" rather than "Allow (default)". Thanks for the help tho

Attachments

• 1592962299175.png
    1592962299175.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 16
Edit: My previous reply is only a temp fix and works with 1 or 2 vids before it lets you not seek again. Guess it's a deeper issue.