Awareness about video formats

Boobyz_boyz

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to talk about video formats on this platform. As you may know, there are many different formats available, each with its own unique characteristics and benefits.

While it's great to have so many options, I would like to suggest that we consider using formats that can be played directly in a web browser, such as mp4. There are a few reasons why this is important:

Security: Some formats require users to download videos before playing them, which could potentially expose them to security risks like viruses or malicious scripts.

Accessibility: Not everyone has access to specialized software or applications that can play certain video formats, especially on mobile devices. Uploading videos in a universally recognized format like mp4 ensures that everyone can view them easily.

Convenience: It's simply more convenient to watch a video directly in your browser without having to download and save it on your device first.

Of course, I understand that it may not always be possible to upload videos in mp4 format, but I encourage you to consider doing so whenever it's feasible. It's a small step we can all take to make this platform a safer and more accessible place for everyone.

Thanks for reading, and I welcome any thoughts or feedback on this topic.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to talk about video formats on this platform. As you may know, there are many different formats available, each with its own unique characteristics and benefits.

While it's great to have so many options, I would like to suggest that we consider using formats that can be played directly in a web browser, such as mp4. There are a few reasons why this is important:

Security: Some formats require users to download videos before playing them, which could potentially expose them to security risks like viruses or malicious scripts.

Accessibility: Not everyone has access to specialized software or applications that can play certain video formats, especially on mobile devices. Uploading videos in a universally recognized format like mp4 ensures that everyone can view them easily.

Convenience: It's simply more convenient to watch a video directly in your browser without having to download and save it on your device first.

Of course, I understand that it may not always be possible to upload videos in mp4 format, but I encourage you to consider doing so whenever it's feasible. It's a small step we can all take to make this platform a safer and more accessible place for everyone.

Thanks for reading, and I welcome any thoughts or feedback on this topic.
I almost always am here on a PC - Safari browser, so when people upload .mov when I click on them they download and I have to then view on my computer. Plus if I want to keep stuff in mega for posterity, Mega won't play .mov clips - same thing if you want to watch them you have to re-download them. So I find .mp4 or .m4v that will open a new window for instant viewing are the way to go.