Sites that will enable you to ID a model - use these before posting here.

facecheck.id's just like pimeyes now, it shows you the search result but you have to pay to open the link.
Ikr?

So much for the "free" uses. :mad:

Google doesn't work anymore for faces.
Tineye rarely gets any results.

Yandex used to be scary accurate. Now it's very general.

There's that pay per use site which I hear is good I forgot the name of it.

If anyone knows of any good reverse search engines please link.

Google doesn't work anymore for faces.
Tineye rarely gets any results.

Yandex used to be scary accurate. Now it's very general.

There's that pay per use site which I hear is good I forgot the name of it.

If anyone knows of any good reverse search engines please link.
Facecheck.id was scary good and still is but in March they make you buy Bitcoin to then buy tokens to use to search. I prefer not to do that. Pimeyes is so-so but still pay to play.

What about videos?

Anyone know any good places to reverse search a video or short clip?

Or is it still the norm to screenshot the video and do it that way?

Everyone’s assessments above are spot on. Google Lens and Yandex for reverse searches don’t really render anything adequate anymore, and tineye has always been useless.

Pimeyes was always my go to, but even lately its results haven’t really been that accurate, although still better than the above.

Despite being a paid-site now, Facecheck.ID hands down renders the best results, at least in my experience.

I actually have 81 credits that expire in 3 days, so I’m willing to provide assistance for anyone who’s interested. It’s typically 3 credits for each search. Ok to send me a message if you want me to do a search. Happy to help!

Im considering attempting to create a face search but don't know everything involved. Is there a specific forum I can post on for help?

Here's what I have found out

For building an invite-only website that utilizes facial recognition technology, you will need to integrate various technologies across both the front-end and back-end, as well as consider data storage, security, and legal compliance technologies. Here’s a breakdown of the best technologies to consider for each aspect of your site:

Front-End Development​

• React: A powerful JavaScript library for building user interfaces, particularly single-page applications where you need a responsive and dynamic user experience.
  • Vue.js: Another progressive JavaScript framework that can be very adaptable and is useful for building more visually engaging interfaces.
  • Angular: Provides a complete solution with strong community support and integration options, suitable for complex enterprise-grade applications.

Back-End Development​

• Node.js: Great for building scalable and fast network applications, it's lightweight and efficient thanks to its non-blocking I/O and asynchronous events.
  • Python with Django or Flask: Python is excellent for all types of programming, from web applications to data analysis to artificial intelligence. Django and Flask are two powerful frameworks for building Python-based web applications.

Facial Recognition APIs​

• Microsoft Azure Face API: Offers powerful facial recognition capabilities and can be integrated into various applications.
  • Amazon Rekognition: Provides highly accurate facial analysis and recognition, and is deeply integrated with other AWS services.
  • OpenCV: An open-source computer vision and machine learning software library that provides a broad range of functionalities including facial recognition.

Database Technologies​

• PostgreSQL: An open-source SQL database that is robust and works well with large datasets.
  • MongoDB: A NoSQL database that is good for applications with large amounts of data and high traffic levels.
  • Firebase: Provides a complete backend solution with real-time database capabilities, which can be useful for dynamic data updates and user management.

Authentication and Security​

• OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect: Standards for authentication and authorization which can be integrated with existing accounts from Google, Facebook, etc.
  • JWT (JSON Web Tokens): Allows you to securely transmit information between parties as a JSON object, widely used for token-based authentication.
  • HTTPS/SSL: Ensure all data transmitted between the web server and browsers remain encrypted and secure.

Cloud Services and Hosting​

• AWS (Amazon Web Services): Offers extensive services from hosting to computing to AI, with good support for high availability and scalability.
  • Microsoft Azure: Provides strong support for web applications, AI, and database management with robust security features.
  • Google Cloud Platform: Known for its AI and machine learning services along with solid cloud computing options.

Legal Compliance and Data Protection​

• Data encryption: Tools like OpenSSL for encrypting data in transit and at rest.
  • Compliance software: To help manage and stay compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other data protection laws, software like OneTrust or TrustArc can be instrumental.
Choosing the right stack depends significantly on your specific needs, particularly the scale of your application, the expected traffic, the complexity of the data handling, and your team's expertise. Each of these technologies offers different strengths, and they can often be combined in various ways to achieve the best results for your project.