MP4-format video upload turned into MOV?

lucifer837

TITs Posting King
Premium
Reaction score
Good day,

I just noticed recently, when I attached MP4 videos, they will automatically turn into MOV format once uploaded. Does anyone else have similar as well?
I think both MP4 and MOV work find on mobile, as they will pop a new tab for the video.
On the PC end, MP4 plays in the browser tab, however MOV will require it to be downloaded first...

Just my own experience/observation. Not sure if there is change of the website or just me

Appreciate your time viewing this.
Luc

This is the first I've heard of this happening.

I'm on a PC now, and here is a recent .mp4 video that I downloaded, and posted in her thread.

As you can see, the file designation still shows .mp4 (hover cursor over the filename, and at the bottom of the screen, you'll see the .mp4 designation).

Unfortunately, if this continues to happen, it's above my Paygrade/Expertise (@White_Knight ; anything on your end?). And, da Boss is leaving for vacation. So, I don't know when he will be able to address this. But, I will mention it to him later.

Attachments

• 5947A302092C75B837BF4B3636C468BE_video_dashinit.mp4
    2.1 MB
Good day,

I just noticed recently, when I attached MP4 videos, they will automatically turn into MOV format once uploaded. Does anyone else have similar as well?
Even though I rarely upload videos, this has not happened to me, yet. Not sure why it would do that.

I think both MP4 and MOV work find on mobile, as they will pop a new tab for the video.
On the PC end, MP4 plays in the browser tab, however MOV will require it to be downloaded first...
MOV will pop a new window. However it should play if it is encoded as MPEG-4/H.264 video codec. The only issues I have come across is if the MOV's video codec is MPEG-2, HEVC/h.265, Apple ProRes and so forth. As they require additional video parsing software sometimes not commonly available.

Would you be able to upload a MP4 that turns into a MOV here or direct to the post where this has occurred?

Thank you very much guys for looking into and explaining this.

I think there might be 2 reasons I had that:
a) I used mobile for the website a lot and iPhone apparently lots of times make things MOV even though I try not to
b) Some websites that allow you to download TT clips without watermark may have some issues with the 'mp4' they gave you

Current solution: I used Adobe Rush - so if I found a mp4 will be converted into mov when I tried to upload, I use Rush to export the video as mp4. And then use that mp4 to upload here.

Example: the TT mp4 i posted in here https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...arlea-no-socials-please.13520841/post-1640724
The first attached is after I exported with Rush; the second is the 'raw' mp4 I downloaded (was mp4 but turned MOV after uploaded)

Thanks again for your comments @BreastQuest @White_Knight
Luc

Attachments

• arlea_pink.mp4
    4.2 MB
  • pink.mov
    6 MB
@lucifer837
Sheesh! So much for technology making life easier, eh?

But, glad you found a work-around. Though, at least, .mov files can still be viewed (gotta use VLC Media player).

Now, if you wish, you don't have to convert it for posting. Just include a preview image (new threads only), and that will be fine.

Example: the TT mp4 i posted in here https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...arlea-no-socials-please.13520841/post-1640724

The first attached is after I exported with Rush; the second is the 'raw' mp4 I downloaded (was mp4 but turned MOV after uploaded)
It's as I suspected. The original file is HEVC/h.265. mp4 and mov are just encapsulation formats.
Video Info.png
They both can generally hold the same video codecs but unless the video codec is MPEG-4, most software will consider the file as mov. Sometimes a downloader will rip as mp4 but they simply just change the extension name from it's original (in this case mov, most likely Arlea is an iphone user) to mp4 without any encoding done. It's like if you dress up for Halloween, for that night you are the character you are dressed as but are still you underneath the costume.