Imagine you have a magic spell which lets you design a perfect partner for yourself BUT there's 20% chance it backfires. Would you do it?

Alojz1

Reaction score
So the conditions are, you can come up with anything you want about that potential future partner - her looks but also her mindset, personality, likes and dislikes etc.

Except that if the spell backfires (of which there's a 20% chance) instead of her appearing in your life as your partner, you'll get transformed into her. Don't worry, you won't have to explain the change to people around you - in fact the whole of reality would adjust to be as if you've always been that woman you've just designed.

So, 80% of a chance you get an absolutely dream girl, BUT with a 20% risk that you might become that dream girl instead. Would you do it?

And if so what would your 'perfect partner' specification be?

So the conditions are, you can come up with anything you want about that potential future partner - her looks but also her mindset, personality, likes and dislikes etc.

Except that if the spell backfires (of which there's a 20% chance) instead of her appearing in your life as your partner, you'll get transformed into her. Don't worry, you won't have to explain the change to people around you - in fact the whole of reality would adjust to be as if you've always been that woman you've just designed.

So, 80% of a chance you get an absolutely dream girl, BUT with a 20% risk that you might become that dream girl instead. Would you do it?

And if so what would your 'perfect partner' specification be?
Haha, well I could see this thread taking two very different paths, as it taps into two questions:
  1. What is the perfect woman?
  2. Would you accept a 20% risk of your life as you know it suddenly ending?
The first question might be boring, as one man's trash is another man's treasure.

The second question is more intriguing. It really becomes a question of risk management: Someone who's younger than age 60 would have no interest in taking a 1-in-5 chance of having life as they know it suddenly ending, but someone older than age 60 might take that risk, as it does entail an extension to life, albeit now in the body of a woman.

Haha, well I could see this thread taking two very different paths, as it taps into two questions:
  1. What is the perfect woman?
  2. Would you accept a 20% risk of your life as you know it suddenly ending?
The first question might be boring, as one man's trash is another man's treasure.

The second question is more intriguing. It really becomes a question of risk management: Someone who's younger than age 60 would have no interest in taking a 1-in-5 chance of having life as they know it suddenly ending, but someone older than age 60 might take that risk, as it does entail an extension to life, albeit now in the body of a woman.
I'm under 60 and I'd do it, only question I have is what do I do with the current wife

I'm not catching a downside here, so win/win = sign me up!

Bro, shittiest game ever. If i lose i will be able to pull 99,9% of lesbians and bi girls.