New Forum Upgrade

Nice looking upgrade to the forum. But is there any way of preventing the initial few YouTube links giving a video preview?
It just hampers the reading of the thread if you post more than a link or two.
Try using plain tags between the links. example [ plain ] [ /plain ] .. remove spaces

Hi, Admin. I was bakersdozen101 before and because the linked email is old and inaccessible I'd like to set it to the email I have under this name. Thanks for the help.
Have the same problem Panda2018/2007 and scantilycladwomen have/had. "Old" account was John_ Fawlty and would like to continue using it.
Fixed

I'll never understand the need to fix something that's not broken. The forum was fine in its previous incarnation. Right now I'm not feeling it. I'll stick around awhile and see if it grows on me. I've enjoyed this site for years and thought it was great. I must admit honestly though, I do not like the new layout at all. You guys do what you think is best, hopefully the change will help your goals.

I'll never understand the need to fix something that's not broken. The forum was fine in its previous incarnation. Right now I'm not feeling it. I'll stick around awhile and see if it grows on me. I've enjoyed this site for years and thought it was great. I must admit honestly though, I do not like the new layout at all. You guys do what you think is best, hopefully the change will help your goals.
You have made 2 posts complaining about the upgrade. Can you tell us exactly what you don't like so we can try to fix it? Saying I am not feeling it is not productive.

The forum was running on very old software called phpBB. This software is 18 years old and a nightmare to administer. The new software will take a while to get used to, but is much more powerful.

Hi there, Admin

Is there any way I can get my old username etc (Ludovicus) back? I didn't intend to sign up with my Email-addy.
Hope you find some time.
Thanks.

Hi there, Admin

Is there any way I can get my old username etc (Ludovicus) back? I didn't intend to sign up with my Email-addy.
Hope you find some time.
Thanks.
Sure mate, your password has been reset. Check your PM.

Big thanks for putting the effort :thumbs up:

Thanks antettonio2, 2007 join date. You are old school :)

Like the look, but don't like the fact that you can see pictures without logging in/registering. Google cache and all that.

Doesn't work if the email address you had on the forums here from 10 years ago when you registered is no longer active ;)

But hey, that teaches me to always make sure I check and update email address. On the bright side, XenForo!

I'm in the same boat. I registered a good 10-11 years ago with a long gone yahoo email. So now I guess I'm back to being a newbie. Question for admin - Will any threads I started under my old account be considered "dead" threads now?

Two questions, is it possible to see a list of the threads I follow, and what are the chances this forum will be made private? As in, you can't see posts unless you're logged in. Goes without saying, that would be helpful.

Two questions, is it possible to see a list of the threads I follow, and what are the chances this forum will be made private? As in, you can't see posts unless you're logged in. Goes without saying, that would be helpful.
I would also like to know the answer to this question. If I google a thread then I can see all the images as attachments or part of the posts.

is it possible to see a list of the threads I follow,
I found out if you go to "New Posts", on the right side you can set a filter like "Watched content" or "Threads in which you participanted", you can see them. You can set different options as default search parameters.

How do I see now which threads got an update since my last visit?

The top ones are fresh. Above the threads which aren't updated yet should be this message: "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit."

ETA: I just saw at the menu bar on top there is also a link to watched threads.

Last edited:
Try using plain tags between the links. example [ plain ] [ /plain ] .. remove spaces

Thanks, Admin for the reply. But using the [ plain ] tag also makes the links non-clickable. Any way of leaving the hypertext links, but no YouTube preview window as before? Cheers.