Mega.nz File Host

BQretired

Retired Site Admin
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
UPDATE:
While I do not use this host, y'all may have noticed that Mega appears to be going the way of DailyMotion.

In many cases, links are being deleted pretty quickly; usually within 7 days (sometimes a lot quicker).

So, y'all may want to rethink using this host.

For the first time, and as a Free User, I successfully uploaded a file to mega.nz. :cool: While the file took with no problem, when I went to copy and paste the download link, it didn't look like a normal d/l link.

So, in the Preview window, I clicked on the link and it took me to the Index page of my uploads, rather than directly to the video in question.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Hi BQ!

Yeah that site is very quirky. Some people just don't even like to use it as a host, but I still do.

Once your upload completes, you don't want to click on the link it displays to you. Rather, you want to click on the box in the lower right that says COPY so it will copy just the text of the new URL for you to paste into your message.

You can also get the link to your stored files by hovering over the stored file, waiting for three dots to appear, then click Manage Links and you have an option to copy the link again.

Although it sounds like in your case it didn't add your latest upload to the stored files. Worth trying again?

Post some screencaps
Sorry, rexii. But, my screencap capability is crap (just ask BBL46LL). Smh, as I have no idea as to why.

Hi BQ!

Yeah that site is very quirky. Some people just don't even like to use it as a host, but I still do.

Once your upload completes, you don't want to click on the link it displays to you. Rather, you want to click on the box in the lower right that says COPY so it will copy just the text of the new URL for you to paste into your message.

You can also get the link to your stored files by hovering over the stored file, waiting for three dots to appear, then click Manage Links and you have an option to copy the link again.

Although it sounds like in your case it didn't add your latest upload to the stored files. Worth trying again?
Hey, AR. My main reason for this was what appears to be long-term storage (I found a 4 y.o. link that was still active) solution. Though, I'm not sure if that applies to Free Users.

While my u/l speed is a bit slower than FF, I'll try that again on my next video upload and see what happens.

Thanks.

...Worth trying again?
Well, I tried both methods, and still no joy. :unsure:

So, I'll either stick with FF, or go back to ZS (works well, but be sure to have Ad Block, and MalwareBytes is recommended to).

See first post for an update.

Yeah I'm done with mega, got DMCA about a month ago while paying for a 2 tb account, and got tired of going back & forth with the customer support. Anybody have any other file host they recommend, not going to use google, cause thats linked to my personal stuff.

Yes sir but what would you recommend personally?
Tbh, I have all but given up on uploading files to 3 party hosts.

Over the years, I have used several different hosts, including FileFactory and DepositFiles (even a premium account did not increase d/l speed). And, my first regularly used host was, MediaFire (blazing speeds, with long retention; but they started deleting files).

Then, there was ZippyShare (fast speeds, 90+ days retention; but some of their advertisers started triggering both my Malwarebytes, and Norton360 :mad: ).

Finally, there was anonfile. But, they changed something, and Windows would not access it.

So, I have been editing larger files down to under 35 MB, and posting directly on the Forums' servers. But, the editing is very time consuming, as not every video has the same point of time for 35 MB.

And, because of my recent move, I have not bothered looking into any other host.

Tbh, I have all but given up on uploading files to 3 party hosts.

Over the years, I have used several different hosts, including FileFactory and DepositFiles (even a premium account did not increase d/l speed). And, my first regularly used host was, MediaFire (blazing speeds, with long retention; but they started deleting files).

Then, there was ZippyShare (fast speeds, 90+ days retention; but some of their advertisers started triggering both my Malwarebytes, and Norton360 :mad: ).

Finally, there was anonfile. But, they changed something, and Windows would not access it.

So, I have been editing larger files down to under 35 MB, and posting directly on the Forums' servers. But, the editing is very time consuming, as not every video has the same point of time for 35 MB.

And, because of my recent move, I have not bothered looking into any other host.
Dang it, ok thanks for the info, I do everything off my phone (note 20 ultra ;) ) so I guess I'll stick with sendvid for now. Thanks BQ.

I generally don't use mega for sharing, but I did recently switch to use it to store my collection. Has anyone noticed mega running insanely slow the last couple days, or is it just me?