Individual Threads, or a Mega Thread?

Do you guys prefer Individual threads (part 1, 2, etc)? Or, a Mega thread (member experience in 1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BQretired

Retired Site Admin
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
The title says it all. ;)

I prefer a single big thread for a continuous story. Makes it a lot easier to find all the relevant parts without having to resort to the search function.

Just one big thread for a single member though? No, that would lead to the same problem in reverse... you would then need to scour this thread for the relevant posts.... and that would be a lot more difficult.

So mega topic threads: yes. Mega member experience threads: no.

I think, this is gonna to be a close one. Right now, it's 50/50.

I prefer a single big thread for a continuous story. Makes it a lot easier to find all the relevant parts without having to resort to the search function...
Luckily, the new forum does make Searching much easier. Though, it you type in 2 words using Title Search, it will pick up both words (e.g.: Aunt Nancy will show all posts with Aunt in it, as well as Nancy). Still, better than the old one.

...Just one big thread for a single member though? No, that would lead to the same problem in reverse... you would then need to scour this thread for the relevant posts.... and that would be a lot more difficult.

So mega topic threads: yes. Mega member experience threads: no.
Actually, that's what I was referring to. But, the system doesn't allow for details. I guess I should have clarified a bit in the first post.

But, also. Much depends on the person. For example, my BBE thread isn't very long (at least I don't think it is ;) ), and at my age, I doubt if I'll be adding much more to it. Then, you got the lucky SoB who has a BBE every week to share.

Ok, with this clarification, I had to change my vote to "mega threads". Not so close now anymore. ;)
We'll know for sure on 11/16.

Ok, with this clarification, I had to change my vote to "mega threads". Not so close now anymore. ;)
The closest I've ever seen any Poll.

12 for Individual Posts
11 for Mega Thread

Hey

Ain't sure where to put this suggestion but I'd like this forum split into fictional stories, possibly keep experiences and sightings together thematically.

Thanks.

Hey

Ain't sure where to put this suggestion but I'd like this forum split into fictional stories, possibly keep experiences and sightings together thematically.

Thanks.
Sorry, guy. But, that won't happen, as it requires a s/w rewrite, and all permissions have to be re-established.

The best thing to do, and as I mentioned before, is to ID the post with a notifier (e.g.: FICTIONAL or FICTION STORY, etc).

Though, I'm pretty sure that even the real life adventures have some "wishful thinking" added to 'em. :D