Increase Message Length and # of Attachments?

Eriongtk

Reaction score
Would it be possible to increase character and attachment limit, please?

It is quite easy -

Code:
Admin CP > Options > Messages

Change Maximum Message Length and Maximum Images Per Message.

1536525721925.png

While I'm not sure (still a lot to learn) about increasing the message length (while I too would like to see that (bc of my Lifetime Collection), there are very few threads than get anywhere near that many characters), there may be extra costs associated with doing this. And, if that's the case, it will take a while before we see it, as there are still some bugs to be worked out.

The old forum had a 10 pic limit. Now, we have 20. I think that's sufficient for most people.

I do know allowing for different types of attachments (avi, etc) does cost more $. And, since the members enjoy the forum for free, try and make due with what's available.

While ...
I do agree that alloving video or other large-size formats are not really the best idea.
I also agree that 10 vs 20 is still an improvement (and 20 is actually a lot...) when it comes to pictures, but the 10k char limit is while generous if you just want to share a few lines, there are other sections of TiTF that would benefit of this increased limit greatly.

I personally do not plan -at least for now- to post epic tales or stories, but I am guessing it would give Authors more room.

But I admit...:I do not see how splitting up stories to multiple segments is hard, I am just saying that it might give people more options.

I am running XenForo for my dad's private forums and we never had problems with allowing more characters. I am trying to be constructive here, it is certainly NOT my intention to tell you how to run the site.

Last edited:
9/12: Just discovered that we still are at a 10 image limit.

But I admit...:I do not see how splitting up stories to multiple segments is hard, I am just saying that it might give people more options.

I am running XenForo for my dad's private forums and we never had problems with allowing more characters. I am trying to be constructive here, it is certainly NOT my intention to tell you how to run the site.
If I'm not mistaken, splitting up stories (such as those in the Big Breasts Experience section) vs a mega-thread, each new post creates some extra code that takes up space. And, strictly imo, it makes the section look a bit messy.

No problem, at all. We appreciate it. I was speaking strictly as a novice in the admin department, or from what admin (site owner) has mentioned to me in our communications. And, regardless of what we (staff) thinks, or wants, the final word lays with admin.

Also, and a FYI, I just checked the Admin CP, and there is no Options listed. So, me thinks this s/w is a bit different.

Breast Regards,

Last edited:

It is quite easy - ...
Some Good News! After attempting to add to a LONG post of mine (BQs Social Media Finds), I discovered that it exceeded the 10K character limit. And, after a quick Google search, I found how, and where, the section is to change it. :cool: So, I did. :cool: But, even 20K wasn't enough. :eek: So, I made it 40. And, so far, it seems to work.

Now, one thing I wasn't taking into consideration earlier in our conversation; Character (keystroke) limit vs Word limit. A BIG difference for sure.

Now, for some Bad News! I checked the number of Images allowed per Message, and it is indeed 20. But, for some reason, only 10 can be posted. But, while I haven't tested it yet, I did re-enter 20 to see if that would help.

Damn BQ, thank you for taking the time and effort to get to the end of this! I am running this platform for a while now for my dad's own forums. You can send me a PM if you have any question. I have likely came across the solution, so you would not have to waste time to find out :)

So, I made it 40. And, so far, it seems to work.
Wow... 40k seems to be a lot, but it should be enough everything.

ow, for some Bad News! I checked the number of Images allowed per Message, and it is indeed 20. But, for some reason, only 10 can be posted. But, while I haven't tested it yet, I did re-enter 20 to see if that would help.
10 is still a lot. Do you think (asking, not suggesting or trying to push my agenda) that if we had an agreed acceptable album platform (imgur, or anything else) for larger albums would make things easier? or use zip/rar to do so?

You are quite welcome.

I only went from 20 to 40, so I would have to worry about 30 getting kicked out.

Luckily, old 20K + posts appear to be unaffected. It's only when a post is modified, or a new LONG post is added, that the problem pops up.

Will do.

TTBOMK, there's no single agreed on outside host due to country restrictions, and the like.

Now, while there is nothing wrong with using an outside host, it would be better to use the forums' host for the following reasons:

1) The use of them have been a problem with the host removing the pix within a short period of time (anywhere from hours to weeks later).

2) ANYONE visiting the forum to view the pix. And, this could result in pix being reported to the host as inappropriate. Or worse, directly to the girl herself. And, if she contacts the forum, we would have no choice but to delete the thread, and prevent future threads from being posted.

3) By using the forums' pic host, only registered and logged-on members can view the pix. Even with the 10 pic limit (just make another post), it's better for all concerned.

4) Finally, if a pic is too large, and if side to side scrolling is required (as is, it's a pain for members to have to scroll down just to see one pic), it may result in the image being deleted.

However, if you decide to use an outside host, please be sure that it's one with a good track record.

The last time (Sept 2018), I changed the Attachment Limit to 20, it didn't take. :unsure: However, after merging a few back to back posts containing 10 images, I feel that 20 is really too much at, at any one time.

However, the other day, I again dabbled with it, and changed it to 15. And, based on some of the recent posts I've been seeing (hopefully, not silently edited), it has taken.

I would agree that 15 is as close as one can get to a happy medium.
I can see a lof of posts that you Mods have to edit because people (not bashing, just stating facts) won't take extra few seconds to replace full sized pictures with thumbnail... i cannot imagine the chaos 20 pictures+ would cause.

Even 15 pictures can be disorienting for a second. I often times use attachments to tell a narrative and to illustrate what I'm talking about, but many times it is used to showcase pictures only.

I wonder if it would make forum look cleaner and/or easier to read if we would use spoiler tags for albums, or full sized images?

I would agree that 15 is as close as one can get to a happy medium.
I can see a lof of posts that you Mods have to edit because people (not bashing, just stating facts) won't take extra few seconds to replace full sized pictures with thumbnail... i cannot imagine the chaos 20 pictures+ would cause.

Even 15 pictures can be disorienting for a second. I often times use attachments to tell a narrative and to illustrate what I'm talking about, but many times it is used to showcase pictures only.

I wonder if it would make forum look cleaner and/or easier to read if we would use spoiler tags for albums, or full sized images?
Ugh! Don't get me started on why some people elect to use full size images. :censored: And, even though it's recommended not to use 'em (Rule 4c, https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...ting-rules-please-read-updated-5-feb-2019.41/ ), it still happens. Unfortunately, to disable that ability requires a s/w upgrade at additional cost on a annual basis. :( So, I guess it'll keep us busy. And, I'm thinking, it may be time to start deleting posts from members who repeatedly do that. :unsure:

Well, in some topics, I've seen spoiler tags above the thread, and in the body of the first message. While 1 or 2 tags wouldn't be a big deal, too many would be. And tbh, I don't think many members want to take the time to click on a tag to go to yet another place in cyberspace to see pictures or video.

And, I'm thinking, it may be time to start deleting posts from members who repeatedly do that. :unsure:
I honestly don't think you are asking for much, and it is way within reason.

Repeated offense...
  1. Verbal warning (Private message, etc?)
  2. Delete post completely (you are not their babysitters to keep on editing such posts), private message why
  3. Ban for x+1 days
  4. Ban for x+1 months
Or mix and match, the point is is that it literally takes an extra 15-20 seconds to make sure it looks more pleasant. But then again, i dont think it should take more than a single occasion to realize where they went wrong, let alone 2-4 times...

Edit:

Ugh! Don't get me started on why some people elect to use full size images.
Come to think of it...I think its due to the default behavior that it automatically inserts it as full sized image.

I personally just copy/paste images (right click- copy image), then simply press ctrl+v and it inserts it as a full size image straight away. I have to manually delete it then press thumbnail after that.

This is why I am guessing why there are so many full sized ones

Actually, it doesn't take too much for us (Mods) to edit a post with full size images to thumbnails.
There is an option that allows us to 'Insert All: Thumbnail • Full Size'
I just choose thumbnail and delete the full size images.

But, I agree, we need to ensure the members follow the rules.

In regards the image limit.
In my boudoir thread
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?threads/everyday-women-boudoir-shoots.109119/

I use imagebam to host because my sets typically are larger than 20 images. And when I create my post, I just insert the BB-Code link provided by imagebam. I like this because then imagebam is storing the full images, which is a savings on storage space to our forum.
I'm also able to have 20 images in each post as well. :)

Ptar:cool:

After posting 15 images in one of the threads that I contribute to, I feel that is pushing it a bit. So, I think I'll stay with 10. Just my 2 cents (.054 cent after taxes :LOL: ).

I honestly don't think you are asking for much, and it is way within reason.

Repeated offense...
  1. Verbal warning (Private message, etc?)
  2. Delete post completely (you are not their babysitters to keep on editing such posts), private message why
  3. Ban for x+1 days
  4. Ban for x+1 months
Come to think of it...I think its due to the default behavior that it automatically inserts it as full sized image.

I personally just copy/paste images (right click- copy image), then simply press ctrl+v and it inserts it as a full size image straight away. I have to manually delete it then press thumbnail after that.

This is why I am guessing why there are so many full sized ones
Thanks, and I agree with ya there. Especially, when it's in the Rules, and certain things, a Sticky in the sub-forum, or the 1st post of the thread effected.

Though, I think 1 and 2 are a given. 3 is too lenient; 7 days is good (after all, 7 days without TiTs makes one weak ;):D ). 4 is reserved for those who flagrantly disregard both the rules and the Mod Edits in the threads. Though, there have been grounds for permanent Banning (such as spam; luckily the new s/w does a much better job at catching the standard stuff).

"due to the default behavior that it automatically inserts it as full sized image". Are you referring to the members, or the system?

For me, it's so much easier to click the Post reply button 1x for x number of images vs having to click the Insert Thumbnail/ Full size image for each. :whistle:
Actually, it doesn't take too much for us (Mods) to edit a post with full size images to thumbnails.
I just choose thumbnail and delete the full size images.

But, I agree, we need to ensure the members follow the rules.

In regards the image limit.
In my boudoir thread
https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?threads/everyday-women-boudoir-shoots.109119/

I use imagebam to host because my sets typically are larger than 20 imagesPtar:cool:
Hmm, I guess it depends how often ya gotta do it. ;)

Though it is a pretty quick process, the repetitiveness of it, can get irritating.

Back in the day (and, still for screen caps of videos), I always posted only a few images (either on the forum's image host, or an outside host (had to do that a few times here on the old board when there were problems). Then, I'd post a zip of the entire set, or the video clip. Makes for a cleaner post, imho.

due to the default behavior that it automatically inserts it as full sized image". Are you referring to the members, or the system?

Pasting an image with CTRL+V automatically uploads the image and inserts the full sized version of it. I think that's what is going on.
I keep using this functionality, because it's extremely convenient, but i will have to replace full sized images with thumbnails afterward. Still, more convenient to me.
You can try it - copy any image, and paste it in the textbox, its super fast and convenient

Even if its just 2 seconds, those seconds can add up fast when you have a lot of posts that require said attention :)
But this function only works if you have everything lined up (like all images at the end), I tend to insert (i know, my problem ;) ) pictures mid-text to tell a narrative or bring up examples. This option does not replace existing full sized images, only adds new set with selected size.

------
As for the picture/attachment limit: I think the solution is actually quite easy.
Hosts like imgur.com support album upload that we can even make hidden - only available to those with the link - So bigger sets are easier to link

3 is too lenient

I would agree that 1 day is too lenient for repeat offense, thats why i said x+1 (where x can be any number, but yes I had a 7-10 day sit out in mind) :)

Obviously, you will find the good balance for it, i was just throwing up numbers.

Even if its just 2 seconds, those seconds can add up fast when you have a lot of posts that require said attention :)
Indeed it does, as I have learned by sending out Notifications/Alerts on Admin/Mod actions on posts to the o/p.

Even with the Auto-fill enabled, it still takes up to 15 seconds per action.

Just noticed, that the amount of attachments was rised up from 10 to 20. Thanks to the admin team!
Actually, I limited to 15 for the Attachment tool, as 20 or more (using an outside host) can make a

post look bloated and cumbersome.

Though, I usually post only 10 or less in my contributions. Just looks cleaner

Examples:
10 pix attachment limit; https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...londe-college-girl-alabama.108391/post-739108

15 pix limit: https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...besinlingerie-add-yours-too.98409/post-765914

20 pix limit: https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...cute-blonde-brazilian-girl.109761/post-755339

20+ using outside host: https://titsintops.com/phpBB2/index...a-sexxx-appreciation-thread.41090/post-469876
(contains NSFW images)