File Hosts Warning!! (PM me if you find others that have a problem)

BreastQuest

Retired Site Admin
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
ZippyShare:
Well, it appears that several months ago, ZS has taken a turn for the worse. :mad:

While editing a thread with a ZS link to verify it, both my MalWare Bytes and Norton 360 AV were triggered for the following threats:

PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Program)
Malvertising
Trojan
Fake Attacks
Fraud

Needless to say, I won't be using ZS anymore :( A damn shame since they has very fast upload and download speeds for most countries.

Now, we can't tell ya not to use it. But, for those downloading from it, I would think twice before clicking on it.

DepositFiles:
Malware Bytes triggered a:

PUP

Last edited:
Yes sir I agree it was helpful for two reasons (1) Fast speed, and (2) No time minimum between downloads.

But I too have noticed it is VERY full of pop-ups and spam, much more than when they first started that site. It is a case of the site owner's greed running amuck.

Added DepositFiles to the first post. :(

Yes sir I agree it was helpful for two reasons (1) Fast speed, and (2) No time minimum between downloads.

But I too have noticed it is VERY full of pop-ups and spam, much more than when they first started that site. It is a case of the site owner's greed running amuck.
The pop-ups, and redirects, I could handle. But, to have a zip file prevented from being d/led due to one or more of those issues (TG my software caught it), is too much.

Though, I think this started when they increased the file size from 200MB to 500.

I use Adblock plugins to filter out most of that crap, but some of it can't be circumvented, and putting redirects/spam/garbage on the actual download links is bullshit.

I use Adblock plugins to filter out most of that crap, but some of it can't be circumvented, and putting redirects/spam/garbage on the actual download links is bullshit.
No, sir. Not Bullshit.

It happened to me on a file that I zipped together using s/w that I've had forever. And, when I sent it to myself, and went to open it on my laptap, Norton360 prevented the d/l.

And, I run both Norton 360 and MalwareBytes weekly, with Norton Utilities monthly.

I think the issue is a compromise between security and how desperately you want pictures of big boobs. I have a "quadruple-lock" of: (I) Up to date antivirus software, (ii) ad blocker, (iii) set my browser to reject ALL cookies except those on my whitelist, (iv) set my browser to block ALL pop-ups except those on my whitelist.

These precautions have not failed me so far, but it does mean that you cannot use all sites. For example DepositFiles (Dfiles.eu) does not work for me. For Sendspace, I just have to remember to add it to my pop-up whitelist.

DA

any good alternatives to zippyshare?
Sorry, for the delay. I'm not following this thread, and forgot to check it. :oops:

I think much has to do with your location, and ISP. But, for the speed as a free user, ZS was hard to beat.

Though, if you don't mind the 90 day file retention, I've found FileFactory to be satisfactory.