DMCA, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

erk

Former Admin
Staff member
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
It should be noted that TiTs is a simple search engine of videos available at a wide variety of third party websites. Any videos shown on third party websites are the responsibility of those sites and not TiTs.

We have no knowledge of whether content shown on third party websites is or is not authorized by the content owner as that is a matter between the host site and the content owner.

Most content (pictures and small videos) are uploaded directly to our Forum, and, in this case, please send a PM.

Content owners must understand that by having a link removed from TiTs they will not be removing the actual source video from the 3rd party site. Content owners must contact the video hosting site themselves to request removal.

Because the servers are located in the USA, TiTs is a pro-DMCA website and as such Content Owners can use the DMCA protocol to request removal of links to videos that they believe infringe their copyright.

Any questions or problems, feel free to pm any Staff member (please do not PM me, as I am not as active here, as I once was).

Thank you.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to clarify why we need to adhere to TDR's.

Please take a minute or two to read this:
https://www.dmca.com/faq/What-is-a-DMCA-Takedown
especially the part that states:
Note: although the DMCA is part of US Copyright law, a DMCA Takedown does not require the content to be copyrighted in order to process the takedown and for the content to be taken down by the website owner or OSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.