Big tits and human evolution.

jakesow

Reaction score
So as time has gone on and humans have evolved, breasts are getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure if you somehow were to go back in time to the 1700's, finding a well endowed woman would be extremely rare. I read somewhere that a C cup was considered pretty busty in those days. Is it something in the food today, or is it evolution?
Also, why do certain parts of the world have naturally bustier women? I know it's in their genes, but you with natural selection and all, people adapt to their environments. So why do a LOT of women, say in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, some African countries, etc., have massive breasts?? Like why did their bodies adapt that way??

First, welcome to the forum. We hope that you enjoy your stay here.

For me, I believe it's the additives and chemicals being introduced into the food supply (supposedly to aid in the health and breeding of the animals) that is causing this.

When I was in H.S., out of nearly 700 gals in my school, only 3 were bigger than a C cup. Now, I see H.S. gals all the time that are D cup or larger (the gal in my Avatar was only 17 at the time the pic was taken).

Also, that in some parts of the world, the women tend to be bustier. But, is it genetics or a combination of that and something in the food, is the question.

BreastQuest said:
For me, I believe it's the additives and chemicals being introduced into the food supply (supposedly to aid in the health and breeding of the animals) that is causing this.
Yeah that's true. But how come scandinavian women and eastern european women are generally naturally bustier? You know how they say africans have darker skin because it protects them from the sun? Or how scandinavians tend to have light colored eyes because they barely get sunlight up there? Those are evolutionary traits. So I guess my question is how did the big boobs from Russian/Eastern European women come about? What from the environment caused them to have naturally larger busts?

I remember reading about a study done in the Dominican Republic that was about finding the reason that many girls were growing large breasts before puberty.They looked at what the girl's were eating.They found that the farmers in the areas where these girls lived were raising chickens with high levels of growth hormones in them.They found out that the girls that had small breasts hardly ever ate chicken and the girls with the large breasts ate chicken on a regular basis.Apparently,Miosotis grew up in the same area in the DR that the study was done.
I can't find the story but here is another about breasts and eating chicken that contains growth hormones.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-grew-breasts-because-hormones-6083132?0p19G=c

jakesow said:
But how come scandinavian women and eastern european women are generally naturally bustier?

That's a false statement, due to selection bias.

It may be more to do with the fact that a high calorie diet is more readily available in this age than it was in the past and so people are just getting bigger/fatter.

I think it is a combination of both the higher-calorie life as well as weird hormones being added to foods.

It has been well-noticed by even national publications such as TIME Magazine that not only has the average breast size grown larger, but that girls are entering puberty earlier than before as well.

So high calories and weird hormones in foods may not be stellar to human health, but they have done wonders for human breasts.

I agree, never before has the world seen so many abundant breasts. Even since the time I was in high school to looking at high schoolers now, I see a huge difference.

It probably won't keep going upward forever (nothing ever does, not even your favorite stock in your favorite company) - but when the world finds ways to combat obesity through some technology it will create a cooling effect and calm the breast growth down along with the obesity.

And if that's the case, we are all in the golden age. Hail boobs!

jakesow said:
So as time has gone on and humans have evolved, breasts are getting bigger and bigger. I'm sure if you somehow were to go back in time to the 1700's, finding a well endowed woman would be extremely rare. I read somewhere that a C cup was considered pretty busty in those days. Is it something in the food today, or is it evolution?
Also, why do certain parts of the world have naturally bustier women? I know it's in their genes, but you with natural selection and all, people adapt to their environments. So why do a LOT of women, say in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, some African countries, etc., have massive breasts?? Like why did their bodies adapt that way??
Lack of money from the population.
Bad medicine.
Fertility improvement program(Russia)

I heard/read or blame it on hear-say that its the bovine growth hormones they add to cows diet to increase meat and milk production. Once that milk is processed and shipped to schools that young girls drink it and the hormone has an affect on their bodies while going through puberty and as a result some girls more then others get bigger breasts. Now wether there's any science to back that up is beyond me but my girlfriend has a flat mom, her aunt is flat and her grandmother was flat but she loves milk and is a double J cup so there might be some correlation.

birdboy100 said:
I heard/read or blame it on hear-say that its the bovine growth hormones they add to cows diet to increase meat and milk production. Once that milk is processed and shipped to schools that young girls drink it and the hormone has an affect on their bodies while going through puberty and as a result some girls more then others get bigger breasts. Now wether there's any science to back that up is beyond me but my girlfriend has a flat mom, her aunt is flat and her grandmother was flat but she loves milk and is a double J cup so there might be some correlation.
I've read similar research/reports on this for cows and chickens.
In the interests of curiousity which company's milk was she drinking/ does she habitually drink?

In the Dominican Republic there is literally a pico pollo on every block or so, in the urban centres. I've covered that whole island (Haiti included) multiple times. And it's very interesting to discover where the meat (the chicken at least) is coming from.

You also got to keep in mind that the internet changes everything. 100 years ago a women with huge breasts would tend to hide them. Today society is much different.

Also back in the day, we didn't have women with huge breasts positing their pictures all over the internet making a living because of it.

Maybe if society loves big tits women than women have big tits. Two examples from paleolite Czechoslovakia.

Attachments

• 220px-Moravianska_venusa.jpg
    220px-Moravianska_venusa.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 200px-Vestonicka_venuse_edit.jpg
    200px-Vestonicka_venuse_edit.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 24
It's not so much an evolution thing so much as a nutritional thing. We have far better access in mordern times to a high-protein, high-fat, high-energy diet than we used to. Which means the human body has a surplus of nutrition throughout its development. Which means that it reaches its full potential much more readily.

I would agree with the nutritional bit but I think there's many factors and it is hard to break them all down. In the last 50-100 years I think it's more attributable to that, yes. But I think large breasts have always been appealing to men. Looking at human history and biology there's certainly no doubting that male humans have enormous penises for our body size compared to our primate relatives.

Preference for secondary sexual characteristics tends to be more a cultural thing. I wouldn't say there's been much evolutionary trend towards larger breasts in anatomically modern humans. There has to be a specific selection pressure towards a given trait and I'm just not seeing it - women with larger breasts aren't more likely to reproduce than ones with smaller breasts.