A suggestion about newbies

A

anthony66

We've all seen it lately. New accounts posting stuff to SPAM this board and troll many of us established members. It's gotten beyond out of control. It's often very hard to find the good stuff in our favorite threads as a result. I see more "clutter" than content most days now. It never used to be like this.

For example, I've seen countless threads where the new poster will put in a picture of a busty woman claiming it is their girlfriend or the like, only to pull the pictures later after getting replies and reactions. I've also seen numerous posts from these newbies on threads where they're seeking approval and attention. Off topic comments are the most common, along with unnecessary crude remarks about many of the women we like.

So how do we stop this crap from ruining the forum?

Well, I suggest that until a person has 10 posts (arbitrary number), that a person has to go through some sort of probationary period. Make them limited to one post a day or something, until we can be reasonably sure they're not a spammer or troll.

First, what you refer to as Spam, and Trolls, is not what the official definition of the word is.

Spam:
(official) Posting the same, and often off topic content, in multiple threads / sub-forums
(unofficial) Discussion off topic, or irrelevant things in a post

Troll:
(official) A person who actively goes out of their way to be abusive, or cause trouble, on a Forum (the Internet)
(So, you can have both new, and established members, who are Trolls)

(unofficial) Someone who takes, and never gives back

For someone who posts, then removes content, is what us old timers called an "Indian Giver". And, while indeed very irritating, it is their right to do so. After all, it is their material that they posted. However, as I come across it, I have written to a couple of them, "it is better to remain a lurker, than to be an Indian Giver".

Now, the new software (Aug 2018 Update) is very good at catching Spam. However, some devious people have registered, then turn around and activate a bot to post crap.

We have already implemented a minimum number of "Spam Catch Phrase" when new members make a post that contain link(s) (either off site, or TiT).

But, even if we implemented your suggestion, there is nothing stopping them from deleting their content later on. And, with over 300 new posts a day, and at least 5 new members signing up, it is impossible for us to catch everything.

Also, while an infrequent occurrence, some established members have done the same thing.

And, off-topic comments are going to happen, no matter what. So, if you see it, submit a Report.

So, you gotta either learn to live with it. Or, move on.

First, what you refer to as Spam, and Trolls, is not what the official definition of the word is.

Spam:
(official) Posting the same, and often off topic content, in multiple threads / sub-forums
(unofficial) Discussion off topic, or irrelevant things in a post

Troll:
(official) A person who actively goes out of their way to be abusive, or cause trouble, on a Forum (the Internet)
(So, you can have both new, and established members, who are Trolls)

(unofficial) Someone who takes, and never gives back

For someone who posts, then removes content, is what us old timers called an "Indian Giver". And, while indeed very irritating, it is their right to do so. After all, it is their material that they posted. However, as I come across it, I have written to a couple of them, "it is better to remain a lurker, than to be an Indian Giver".

Now, the new software (Aug 2018 Update) is very good at catching Spam. However, some devious people have registered, then turn around and activate a bot to post crap.

We have already implemented a minimum number of "Spam Catch Phrase" when new members make a post that contain link(s) (either off site, or TiT).

But, even if we implemented your suggestion, there is nothing stopping them from deleting their content later on. And, with over 300 new posts a day, and at least 5 new members signing up, it is impossible for us to catch everything.

Also, while an infrequent occurrence, some established members have done the same thing.

And, off-topic comments are going to happen, no matter what. So, if you see it, submit a Report.

So, you gotta either learn to live with it. Or, move on.

The Nile is a river in Egypt. Instead of denying there's a problem, let's do something about it.

https://www.titsintops.com/phpBB2/index.php?threads/eastern-european-weddings-youtube.90894/page-257

Attachments

• another troll2.jpg
    another troll2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 34
The Nile is a river in Egypt. Instead of denying there's a problem, let's do something about it.
Your flippant reply is pushing it, anthony66.

Yet, you give a link to a post that has 5 Likes. You need to do better than that.

If you don't like the way things are done here, I suggest you start your own Forum, and you can handle it the way you want.

Your flippant reply is pushing it, anthony66.

Yet, you give a link to a post that has 5 Likes. You need to do better than that.

If you don't like the way things are done here, I suggest you start your own Forum, and you can handle it the way you want.

The reply wasn't meant to be flippant. It's more a matter of being fed up with these trolls. I report and ignore three or four and five or six more come to replace them. It's to the point now where I'm usually spending more time doing these two actions than replying to threads and/or posting new content. It never used to be like that.

The link was for the EEW thread and the page so others could see the offending post as an example. I tried to link to the bad post, but it wouldn't take you to the correct post when I posted it. That's why I posted a screengrab in addition to the page link.

The issue has nothing to do with me liking or not liking how things are done here. It's the trolls that are the problem. They weren't much of a problem until the site got revamped. It's not me, or other long-time members who add value to this place in the form of content and relevant commentary.

The reply wasn't meant to be flippant. It's more a matter of being fed up with these trolls. I report and ignore three or four and five or six more come to replace them. It's to the point now where I'm usually spending more time doing these two actions than replying to threads and/or posting new content. It never used to be like that.

The link was for the EEW thread and the page so others could see the offending post as an example. I tried to link to the bad post, but it wouldn't take you to the correct post when I posted it. That's why I posted a screengrab in addition to the page link.

The issue has nothing to do with me liking or not liking how things are done here. It's the trolls that are the problem. They weren't much of a problem until the site got revamped. It's not me, or other long-time members who add value to this place in the form of content and relevant commentary.

Hi Anthony, I feel your frustration. BreastQuest may rightfully feel a little sensitive to this because he spends up to 7 hours a day moderating. It is a thankless job and impossible to keep everyone happy. My suggestion is just to continue reporting the noobs if they are way out of line. It takes some time for people to get a feel of a new place, what is acceptable and what is not. But they will assimilate and become important contributors in time.

And, for those members who do not learn to assimilate, and get along, I can change their Reaction score to a NEGATIVE number, and take away any Trophy points. :devilish:

And, for those members who do not learn to assimilate, and get along, I can change their Reaction score to a NEGATIVE number, and take away any Trophy points. :devilish:
What will that accomplish??

I was sorta joking in the other thread about deleting people who keep posting "What's her IG" & similar. But the more I come here each evening and it seems like every thread is full of beggars asking for everyone's info, the more I tend to believe that they DO need to be deleted. Otherwise I feel things will just continue to get worse. I feel it's best to stop things now before the begging gets outta hand.

@BestUsername Ever .

It may not accomplish much, but it will make me (and maybe staff) and some members happy. ;)

While it in the rules about not repeatedly asking for the models' S.M., it really can not be justified banning members for this.
(though believe me, I've been tempted).

Hi Anthony, I feel your frustration. BreastQuest may rightfully feel a little sensitive to this because he spends up to 7 hours a day moderating. It is a thankless job and impossible to keep everyone happy. My suggestion is just to continue reporting the noobs if they are way out of line. It takes some time for people to get a feel of a new place, what is acceptable and what is not. But they will assimilate and become important contributors in time.
Thanks for that, admin. 7 hours a day is a lot of time to spend doing that thankless job. BQ is to be commended.

I'll keep reporting the bad ones, and keep ignoring/muting the ones who just seek attention. It has been much better here the past week or so for sure.

Another newbie has already earned himself a bit of free advice from me in a thread here. Maybe it's time for some kind of Code of Conduct to be implemented? 3 strikes & you're out type thing? Or do we just police it as members without having to involve the mods/admins?

Another newbie has already earned himself a bit of free advice from me in a thread here. Maybe it's time for some kind of Code of Conduct to be implemented? 3 strikes & you're out type thing? Or do we just police it as members without having to involve the mods/admins?
There is a system in place. If you find a member in contravention of the rules, then by all means, report them and we'll take care of it.
Thanks!
Ptar